Residential Customers: Basic Carpet Cleaning
Three steps for proper carpet care:
Carpet cleaning is just like exercise! If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results. Understanding the right way to clean carpets will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great:
- Vacuum daily or at least every other day
- Clean-up spots and spills quickly
- Professionally deep clean your carpets every 9-12 months to remove embedded dirt and grime
Stop Dirt at the Door:
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to start keeping it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt in its tracks:
- Use mats – Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters the house.
- Take off your shoes – You can save wear and tear on carpet by asking everyone to take off his or her shoes before entering your home
- Change your air filters – Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the less that fall on the carpet.