There is nothing more disruptive and detrimental that water damage in your home and on your property. We never know for sure when flooding will happen, but when it does it’s devastating. It might be that your dishwasher’s water line has ruptured or a plumbing pipe in the bathroom wall burst. Maybe rain has seeped in through your basement window well during a thunderstorm or a windstorm has torn off some of your roof shingles.
Whatever the cause, you are facing damage to your property as a result of water damage. You have decided that your best course of action is to get help from a professional water damage cleanup company. Since water damage restoration is not an industry that is regulated, companies that offer these services can run the gamut from amateurish to extremely proficient.
7 Pointers for Choosing a Top-Notch Water Damage Restoration Service:
- Look for a company that is BBB accredited. This means that they have pledged to advertise honestly. They have also committed in writing to the strict Better Business Bureau standards of service.
- Ask trusted friends and neighbors for a local referral of who they have used water damage repair services themselves. Your insurance company might be happy to give you a recommendation, however it should not be as influential as a referral from someone who has used the service. Insurance companies may refer you to a company with the lowest cost and not necessarily the highest quality of service.
- Select a company that gives you a quick response time. It would be most advantageous for you to have a restoration company that is prepared to begin cleanup inside the hour of receiving your phone call for help. A water damage crisis needs a prompt response to keep the amount of damage as small as possible. A local company is most likely your best contender, yet they don’t have to be local if they can ensure fast service.
- Select a company that is ready to give you an estimated quote with a list of the services they will conduct before the work starts. Some businesses may charge a flat rate for their services, while others may have an hourly fee. Even if a company charges by the hour, they should be able to give you an estimated number of hours required to provide clean up services.
- Select a company that has experience in working with insurance companies so that they can expedite your claims and reimbursement.
- Select a company that implements the most current, advanced equipment for water extraction, dehumidification, structural drying and mold remediation. The average flood takes 3-5 days to dry out properly. That can be accomplished the best with top-notch equipment. More damage can happen the longer the drying process takes.
- If you end up needing to make a choice between two companies, remember that the price of the service is not nearly as important as the quality of the service. Quality service will really save you money in the long run.
Are you living with a leaky roof, consistent flooding in a room of your home or some other form of water retention at your house? We can fix and restore your situation. We specialize in water damage restoration in Riverton UT and all around the SLC county areas.