Is chlorine bleach the best way to kill mold?
The answer to this question is no. Just because you bleached it, doesn’t mean you killed it. Chances are it’s still there and growing like crazy. Bleach kills mold that is on counter tops or shower tiles. However, on walls, ceilings, etc., the chlorine gets the top of the mold, but the roots (hyphae) just go happily on reproducing at a furious rate.
Mold is everywhere! It occurs naturally both indoors and outdoors. What’s wrong with a small amount of mold growth? Mold that is allowed to continue growing poses several concerns including damage to structures and health effects. Mold digests whatever it lands on. It can damage your carpet, furniture, and walls. Many people experience mild allergies and asthma attacks when exposed to mold.
Mold exposure can cause:
- Breathing difficulties
There are many different types of mold.
All molds secrete enzymes as part of their digestive systems. The byproducts that are produced are toxic and cause all kinds of ill effects including diarrhea, headaches, and fatigue.
If your home has mold, it is critical to remove it. Cleaning up and removing mold will require proper precautions and using the correct techniques for removal. You cannot simply spray bleach.
If you need help with removal, give us a call or send us an email. We are certified mold removal experts!