Tips for Extending Carpet Life
- Vacuum regularly. Normal household dirt and dust is abrasive to your carpet. Vacuuming often not only keeps your carpet cleaner, it reduces wear and tear in traffic areas.
- Shoes. Adopt a ‘no shoes’ policy in your home. Not only do shoes track in dirt they can ve very abrasive to your carpeting.
- Cleaning up spots and spills. Avoid using cleaners not formulated for carpeting. When treating the area, first remove any excess material from the carpet by blotting or with a shop vac. Work towards the center of the spot or spill to prevent further spreading. Do not rub excessively or use a brush. Take a white towel ad blot us as much moisture as possible. If there is still a spot, a spot remover for carpeting will be best. Make sure you rinse the area thoroughly.
- Area Rugs. Strategic placement of durable area rugs in high traffic areas can help keep you carpet cleaner and reduce uneven wear patterns. Do not use carpet remnants.
- Carpet Cleaning. At least once per year, more often if you have kids and dogs, have your carpet professionally cleaned. It is easier to maintain your carpet than to restore it!
We serve areas around the Wasatch Front: Alpine, Utah / Alta, Utah / Bluffdale, Utah / Bountiful, Utah / Copperton, Utah / Cottonwood Heights, Utah / Draper, Utah / Heber, Utah / Herriman, Utah / Holladay, Utah / Kearns, Utah / Lehi, Utah / Magna, Utah / Midvale, Utah / Murray, Utah / North Salt Lake, Utah / Park City, Utah / Riverton, Utah / Salt Lake City, Utah / Sandy, Utah / South Jordan, Utah / South Salt Lake, Utah / Sugarhouse, Utah / Taylorsville, Utah / West Jordan, Utah / West Valley City, Utah / Woods Cross, Utah