New carpet can brighten and update a home. It makes everything feel fresh, clean, and comforting. When your carpet is new you get excited about inviting people over to see it, feel it, and to stay and chat for a while. It’s something you get to really enjoy. However, carpet can wear down quickly if you aren’t careful and you don’t treat it right. Here are our tips for keeping your carpet looking new, always:
1. Use rugs in areas of heavy traffic. You know the places where dirt is tracked the most and the spots in your house that get a lot of wear and tear because people are always walking back and forth through them. Get some rugs that look nice and add an accent to different parts of your home. This will add a nice decor, as well as not ruin your carpet in areas that would normally get worn down.
2. Vacuum regularly. It might not always look like your carpet needs it, but there are dust particles in there that will accumulate and start aging your carpet if you don’t take care of it. Vacuum once or twice a week to avoid this build up.
3. Clean up and treat spills when they happen. By treating the spills right away you are able to get most of the stain out. Use a mild solution and use a white towel to blot out the spot. Be patient, and don’t get too frustrated. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it completely removed.
4. Keep walkways into your home clean. You want to make sure your porch and other entryways are swept off and clear of dirt, leaves, and other particles. This way, no one can step in them on their way into the house and track them in. Simply sweep off the areas once a week to avoid unnecessary dirt getting into your home.
5. Have your carpets professionally cleaned annually. You will want to have your carpets cleaned by professionals at least once a year (more if you have lighter carpet). Professional carpet cleaners are able to get out all of the dirt and particles that normal vacuums and cleaners can’t. By doing this once a year you will help keep your carpets clean and healthy.
If you have any other questions about ways to keep your carpets clean, feel free to contact us at 801-269-0343. We also offer professional cleaning services at great prices!