- Turn off the power
- Attempt to locate the source of water and shut it off, if possible.
- Use caution when walking on the wet floors
Once the area has been secured:
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furnishing dry.
- Block furnishings with pieces of wood on styrofoam. Be careful not to place anything with dye or color against damp surfaces as they may bleed.
- Lift any Window treatments off carpet, loop through a non-metal coat hanger and hang on drapery rod.
- Remove wet area rugs on other floor coverings
- Move photos, paintings and art to a safe, dry area
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors and luggage to enhance drying.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry
Important DO NOT’S with Water Damage:
- Never use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water.
- Never use electrical appliances while on wet floors
- Never go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is on.
We serve areas around the Wasatch Front: Alpine, Utah / Alta, Utah / Bluffdale, Utah / Bountiful, Utah / Copperton, Utah / Cottonwood Heights, Utah / Draper, Utah / Heber, Utah / Herriman, Utah / Holladay, Utah / Kearns, Utah / Lehi, Utah / Magna, Utah / Midvale, Utah / Murray, Utah / North Salt Lake, Utah / Park City, Utah / Riverton, Utah / Salt Lake City, Utah / Sandy, Utah / South Jordan, Utah / South Salt Lake, Utah / Sugarhouse, Utah / Taylorsville, Utah / West Jordan, Utah / West Valley City, Utah / Woods Cross, Utah