The holiday season is a time for rejoicing and relaxing with friends and family. It is a time to show your love and appreciation for others and to focus on loved ones. Ideally, it’s a time where everything goes right and there are no emergencies of any kind. However, we all know that life isn’t always that ideal, so we’ve created some tips for those unfortunate times. If you experience water damage during this holiday season, use these tips to help minimize damage.
Emergency Water Damage Tips
(these tips are for clean water situations only not toilet overflows)
- Shut off the water source if possible.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature
- Remover oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
For carpet cleaning –
Call us @ 801-269-0343 for help with your soiled carpets- We offer FREE estimates- Get ready for the holidays and have your carpets cleaned for your holiday parties! Holiday Special: 3 rooms cleaned for $99 (average size 12×12)