Winterize Your Living Space : Don’t get stuck with impossible insulation or a failing furnace. Freeze out the frost by looking:
- Under the doors: Place a rolled bath towel under a drafty door. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, decreasing drafts can reduce your energy use by 5 to 30 percent.
- On the Ceiling: Reverse the direction of your ceiling fan to push warm air downward.
- In the basement: Clean your furnace filter once a month during the heating season for increased airflow, and consider switching to a permanent filter, which traps around 88 percent of debris.
- In the Garage: Mount snow tires on a spare set of used wheels. With increased traction, you will have better stopping power.
- Around the house: Rearrange furniture to make sure heating vents aren’t blocked.
- In the Attic: Make sure you have at least 10-12 inches of insulation lining your attic to keep heat from escaping through the roof.
- Online: Free stuff? Sure! Some states offer energy-saver incentives, like a free programmable thermostats and insulation upgrades. Visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewable’s and Efficiency (dsireusa.org) for potential deals.
We serve areas around the Wasatch Front: Alpine, Utah / Alta, Utah / Bluffdale, Utah / Bountiful, Utah / Copperton, Utah / Cottonwood Heights, Utah / Draper, Utah / Heber, Utah / Herriman, Utah / Holladay, Utah / Kearns, Utah / Lehi, Utah / Magna, Utah / Midvale, Utah / Murray, Utah / North Salt Lake, Utah / Park City, Utah / Riverton, Utah / Salt Lake City, Utah / Sandy, Utah / South Jordan, Utah / South Salt Lake, Utah / Sugarhouse, Utah / Taylorsville, Utah / West Jordan, Utah / West Valley City, Utah / Woods Cross, Utah